Following member meetings and feedback from staff, we asked that St Giles consider the following changes to their offer:
• Wages – we’re seeking 2% on FFPP from 1 December 2022 and a further 2% on 1 July 2023, then 3% on July 2024 and 3% on July 2025. In essence, this would give you an additional 1% over the life of the agreement. It also ensures the change to the July wage increases is completed and provides a real wage increase for health professional staff in 2022, something not a lot of workers can say.
• The allowances to increase in line with wages.
• The span of hour remains at 12 hours. Workers have no issue with 7am–7pm.
• 28 days’ notice for roster change (consistent with support staff).
• The review of classification needs to be a reserve matter expressed in the agreement, and the review must commence within 6 months of the date of registration.
St Giles have agreed to the changes above except for the wage increase. They refused the additional wage increase in December this year. Their proposal is 3% every July from 2023 for the life of the agreement.
St Giles are claiming that they have brought this December’s pay rise forward and paid 4.6% in July 2022, and given their current financial position, they cannot provide the additional 1% or any wage increase earlier than next July.
The access period for you to view the proposed agreement has opened from 6 December. The ballot will open at 8.15am on Wednesday 14 December and close at 4.45pm on Friday 16 December.
You can make up your own mind as to whether this offer is acceptable to you. Whatever the ballot result is, we’ll be here to support and represent you.
If you need more information or have any questions, please contact HACSUassist on 1300 880 032 or email@example.com