The SCC agreement is now out to vote and here is a reminder of what has occurred.
SCC management finally listened to workers and our bargaining team and have sent a new agreement out for ballot that has restored nearly all of the entitlements they were trying to steal.
By standing together, we have stopped them from:
• Paying superannuation contributions only every 3 months and keeping them monthly
• Taking away paid meal breaks for shift workers
• Making workers produce more medical certificates for personal leave
• Being able to roster workers for 10 hours without paying overtime
• Removing the days of work and hours of work from the employment contract
In campaigning to keep these conditions, workers have also achieved:
• A 3% pay rise per year including backpay to July 2021
• Improved conditions for in the event of a redundancy
• Better higher duties payments
• Payment of police checks and working with vulnerable people checks
• 3% a year increases to allowances including travel rates
The only condition SCC has refused to restore is the 45 minutes handover provision which they are still reducing to 15 minutes. But in all, workers have achieved plenty by collectively campaigning with their colleagues!
Don’t forget to cast your vote.