Your new Southern Cross Care Enterprise Agreement has been approved by the Fair Work Commission and will take effect from Monday 5 December.
These are the improved conditions of your new workplace agreement but most importantly it protects your current conditions including paid meal breaks and penalties:
• 3% pay rise per year including backpay to July 2021
• Improved conditions in the event of a redundancy
• Better higher duties payments
• Payment of police checks and working with vulnerable people checks
• 3% increase to allowances per year
You should get your backpay in the next pay cycle after 5 December, so please check your payslip. If you don’t receive it, contact payroll in the first instance and also let us know.
By standing together you stopped SCC’s attack on shift workers’ paid meal breaks and many other conditions. You should be very proud of what you have achieved!
It pays to be a union member. If any of your colleagues are not yet HACSU members, encourage them to call 1300 880 032 to join the biggest union that looks after all aged care workers in Tasmania.