We had the second round of EBA discussions yesterday, where Richmond Fellowship & Futures responded to your log of claims wish list for your new agreement.
Here is a snapshot of their response:
- They haven’t given a firm wage offer, but we underlined Fair Work’s minimum wage increase of 2.5% and we’ll talk about this more at the next meeting.
- RFT will consider making safe staffing or workload a provision so that they can be disputed under the agreement, but they are of the view the majority of these issues should be guided by policy rather than the agreement.
- RFT will consider vaccination leave in certain circumstances.
- RFT currently has a policy called “special leave” that they say could be extended to pandemic leave. We’ve asked for a provision about this in the agreement.
- RFT will amend the parental leave clause so non-primary caregivers will have their pay topped up by at least the statutory minimum, which is currently 2 weeks.
There will be more changes and updates to the replacement agreement as we get further down the track. Keep an eye on your emails and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 880 032.
Remember that the more union members there are in your workplace, the more bargaining power you have together. If you know of any of your colleagues who are not yet HACSU members, then now is the time to encourage them to join.