We recently put out a wellness survey to Respect workers to see how everyone is doing and feeling about their workplace.
The results are in and some of the answers look more worrying than others:
- A whopping 68.75% said they have no access to alternative pathways to raising any issues with management.
- Once again 68.75% do not feel their issues are being dealt with in a timely manner.
- Over 50% believe they are not consulted at all when a change is occurring in their workplace (18.75% feel they’re rarely consulted and 12.50% said they’re sometimes consulted).
- Only 50% of staff know how to access Employee Assistance Program, which is made even more concerning given that 37.50% believe that bullying issues are happening within their workplace.
- 75% state they are sometimes/very often highly stressed from their job, and 37.50% believe issues at work are affecting their personal life outside of work.
Sadly, when asked how they feel they are treated by management, many responses were very similar. Here’re some of the responses:
- Like I don’t matter most of the time
- Biased against
- Management don’t engage with workers
- Feel unsupported
- Management have no respect for their staff
- Management lack an understanding how hard a day on the floor can be
- Management thumbs down
Many of those who didn’t have anything negative to say just said they were okay, but just being okay is not the best reflection of a supportive management group.
Thank you for taking the time to complete the wellness survey. It indicates we need to have a lot of conversations so we can organise ourselves to demand better. You deserve a well-balanced life both inside and outside the workplace, and we’ll be working with you to help you achieve that.