We’ve met with Respect several times to negotiate a new workplace agreement.
The 3 big things to be aware of out of those meetings are:
1) What’s on offer:
- 3-year agreement
- 2.75% wage increase for each year of the agreement
- Allowances to increase in line with the pay offer
- In-charge allowance to increase to 2.75%
- Workload clause to be updated to give structure to managers and their staff when discussing workload issues
- An increase in the current uniform allocations
- Domestic Violence leave to increase from 5 days to 10 days
- The removal of the words “upon application” in the parental leave clause
- Foul and nauseous rate to increase in line with the modern award rate
- Changes to meal breaks: 5 hours or less = 10 min break; More than 5 hours but less than 7.6 hours = 30 min break and one 10 min break; 7.6 hours or more = 30 min break plus 2 x 10 min breaks
2) For Mt St Vincent employees we were able to stop the termination of the current agreement via Fair Work, and were therefore able to get Respect back to the bargaining table to negotiate further, which has allowed us to put forward our claims to grandfather some key clauses. To date they have said no to these claims.
3) We talked about the issues around Coroneagh Park and Wellington Views meal breaks. We’ll be in touch with members at the two sites affected with more information soon.
Over the next week HACSU organisers will be dropping in to visit and get members' thoughts on what’s happened so far, so keep an eye out for them and come and have a chat.