Negotiations for your new staff agreement have come to an end and management will be putting it out to vote shortly. Respect contacted us to advise they made an error in the wording for the rest breaks clause and will shortly be reissuing the revised agreement, so expect a vote next week or early November.
A reminder of what’s on offer:
• A 3-year agreement
• 2.75% wage increase for each year of the agreement
• Allowances to increase in line with the pay offer
• In-Charge allowance to increase to 2.75%
• Workload Clause to be updated to ‘give structure to managers and their staff when discussing workload issues’
• An increase in the current uniform allocations
• Domestic Violence leave to increase from 5 days to 10 days
• The removal of the words “upon application” in the Parental Leave Clause
• Foul and nauseous rate to increase in line with the modern award rate
• Changes to meal breaks:
- 4 hours or more = 10 min break
- More than 5 hours but less than 7.6 hours = 30 min break and one 10 min break
- 7.6 hours or more = 30 min break plus 2 x 10 min breaks
As for the meal break changes that mostly impact some ECAs at Coroneagh Park and catering staff at Wellington Views, we’ve gone through this at some length and unfortunately Respect won’t budge when it comes to this point.
For Mt St Vincent staff we stopped Respect terminating their agreement, but they haven’t agreed to our claim to grandfather key entitlements.
Keep an eye out for communication from management advising where you can look at the proposed agreement and also on how the voting process is to occur.
Remember this is your staff agreement so when you have the chance to vote on it, make sure you have your say. It’s too late once the votes are counted.