Possability client transport

Posted on
May 25, 2021
Social Community and Disability Sector

What to do if you need to use your own car.

Your employer recently said that if a client damaged your personal vehicle whilst you’re transporting them during the course of your daily work duties, they would not pay for the damages and you'd have to take it up with your own insurance company.

This sounds a bit harsh, doesn’t it?

While this is something HACSU will try to address in your future workplace agreements, unfortunately for now there's nothing in your current agreement about personal cars being damaged during the course of your duties.

We suggest you mention to your insurance company that as part of your job you occasionally need to transport clients with your own vehicle, and this will help to make sure that you have sufficient insurance coverage.

Hopefully you'll never need any sort of claim but it’s in your best interest to chat with your insurance company as soon as possible.

For more information about this or any other industrial matter, members should contact HACSUassist on 1300 880 032 or email assist@hacsu.org.au or complete our online contact form

Social Community and Disability Sector