Last week we met for another OneCare general staff bargaining agreement where they presented an almost final offer, but a few big-ticket items are outstanding.
- 2.5% pay offers with backpay to July 1
- 2 extra days of ‘exceptional leave’ for things like domestic violence and miscarriage
- 4 hours a year paid time for non-compulsory meetings
- A new workplace consultation committee
- An updated dispute resolution clause, now the same as the nurses, so it’s simpler to go to Fair Work if they can’t agree
In response to our claim to pay Foul & Nauseous Linen Allowance on all shifts they came back with a proposal to pay for 3 hours on all caring and laundry shifts on shifts longer than 3 hours. We’re glad they’re ditching the current unworkable approach but it remains to be seen whether this approach will be workable and ok with Fair Work.
The big remaining issues:
- Workload - We haven’t let OneCare off the hook after they’ve kept telling us workload issues are being ‘dealt with operationally’. They wanted proof and we gave it to them. Thanks to you filling out surveys about real world workload issues they’ve got little wiggle room and we’ve said we expect a workload clause in the agreement when we next meet.
- Wages - Our claim is for 4.5% increase each year. While we have a claim with Fair Work for a 25% increase for all aged care workers, we won’t drop our claim for proper wage increases.
- Breaks - We expect more detail about shift workers’ tea and meal breaks by our next meeting.
Keep an eye out for updates later this month.