NWSS news

Posted on
November 18, 2020
Social Community and Disability Sector

When can you claim fuel for travel?

Some members have asked what the radius or threshold is for being eligible to receive payment or compensation for fuel when travelling in your own vehicles, so we wrote to Neal to find out, and here’s his response:

"Our work area is between Latrobe and Wynyard generally and extends back into Sheffield. Staff have to cover their own transport costs in this area.

If anyone was asked to travel to Launceston in their own vehicle they would be reimbursed for travel.

If they were offered a NWSS vehicle but chose to take their own vehicle, they would not be reimbursed."

In short, anyone who's had to travel further than their 'normal' work area and hasn’t been reimbursed should let NWSS know.

If you need support, give us a call!

For more information about this or any other industrial matter, members should contact HACSUassist on 1300 880 032 or email assist@hacsu.org.au or complete our online contact form

Social Community and Disability Sector