NWSS are you missing out on an allowance?

Posted on
January 31, 2023
Social Community and Disability Sector

You may be entitled to a broken shift allowance

Did you know you are entitled to a broken shift allowance under your current workplace agreement?

NWSS are aware of it and they most certainly pay it … if you put it on your timesheet.

So, keep that in mind and if you have worked a broken shift, be sure to add that in when filling in your timesheet to get the allowance.

In case you’re not sure, a “broken shift” means “any shift worked in two periods where a continuous break in the two periods exceeds one hour” as defined in your agreement.

It’s worth having a copy of your agreement at work to look over in case there are allowances or conditions that you may not be aware of. Your workplace should provide you with a copy – if they don’t, please give HACSUassist a call on 1300 880 032, and we can email one to you.

For more information about this or any other industrial matter, members should contact HACSUassist on 1300 880 032 or email assist@hacsu.org.au or complete our online contact form

Social Community and Disability Sector