After a few bargaining meetings where we really only heard repeatedly that Mosaic has no money, we finally have an offer from them. While it isn’t everything you deserve, it does maintain your current conditions and improve a few things.
Here are the main items in their offer:
• Wages will stay at 2.7% above the Award. This means when the Award minimum wage goes up each year, you will also get the same wage increase.
• Partial redundancies (which they had attempted to remove) will be maintained
• Allowance for travelling will be $100 per overnight stay
• There will be an on-call provision in accordance with the Award (This isn’t in your current agreement)
• A new clause will be added to the agreement to ensure allowances do not fall below Award provisions
• Increase Domestic Violence Leave to 20 days
Your log of claims included several other items that Mosaic have not come to the party on, nor have they offered the guaranteed minimum wage increase that we have been asking for.
We are now keen to hear your views. Your HACSU delegates and organisers will be coming around talking to you over the next few weeks – please let them know your thoughts.
It’s likely that the agreement will go out to vote. We’ll continue to hold discussions with Mosaic to make sure the agreement is as good as possible. We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback. If you have any questions, please also contact HACSUassist.