After a lengthy bargaining process, your agreement has finally been approved by the Fair Work Commission and will take effect from 26 April with an expiry date of 31 March 2026.
These are some of the improved conditions of your new agreement:
• Sleepover allowance – $11.25 per hour per sleepover Monday to Sunday with a minimum payment for 8 hours
• Family violence leave – Increased from 5 days to 20 days paid leave for permanent staff
• Non-compulsory training – Part-time employees who attend non-compulsory work-related training will receive payment in accordance with the length of the course. (For example, if the course runs for 1 hour, you will be paid for 1 hour.)
• First aid allowance – If you are an employer appointed first aid attendant, you will receive $18.01 per week if you work three or more days. Part-time or casual employees will receive $0.47 per hour, up to a maximum of $18.01 per week.
• Travel Allowance – Increased to $0.91 per kilometre
I encourage you to look through your new agreement and know your conditions. If you have any questions, please contact me on 1300 880 032.
It pays to be a union member. If any of your colleagues are not yet a HACSU member, now is their chance to join the union for all community and disability workers.