Congratulations on your incredible strength and power at Mary Ogilvy Homes Society!
Last time you had a vote on your agreement, you said NO to Mary Ogilvy’s attempt at slashing conditions and not counting paid meal breaks as time worked – and you didn’t back down.
Now, we’ve received an improved offer from Mary Ogilvy that recognises paid meal breaks as paid work and pays your superannuation fortnightly – this is because of members like you standing up and refusing to be shortchanged.
Here’s what else MOHS have offered us this time around:
• A 2024 & 2025 wage offer of 3.5% or FW award rise (whichever is greater)
• 20 days’ paid Family & Domestic Violence Leave
• 5 days’ non-accruing leave for reproductive health
• 3 days’ non-accruing special leave for pandemic-related illness
• Lactation breaks to express milk in a safe and comfortable place
Unfortunately, MOHS still haven’t moved on cutting your pay from 250% to 150% if a public holiday falls on a day of annual leave that’s normally a workday for you – but we think the rest of their offer is promising.
This is your chance to have your say. The access period for the vote opens today and electronic voting starts at 6.30am on Thursday 19 October until 3pm on Friday 20 October – regardless of how you vote, we’ll back you.
Remember, the more members we have, the stronger we are. If you know any of your colleagues who are not HACSU members yet, you can encourage them to join by clicking this link: join.hacsu.org.au