We met with your employer last week to continue bargaining for your workplace agreement.
HACSU tabled your log of claims, which we discussed at the meeting, and May Shaw also presented theirs.
Here is some of what they proposed for your new agreement:
- Single two-year agreement that covers all workers at Scottsdale and Swansea.
- Classification review that aligns nursing staff into one structure and the same for non-nursing staff, incorporating an administration classification.
- Allowances to increase by 1.5% in year one and 2% in the second year.
- 10 days’ paid family & domestic violence leave.
- Infectious disease leave for all employees, including:
- 2 days’ paid leave when employee has an adverse reaction from vaccination/booster.
- 2 days’ paid leave if you cannot work from home.
- 1 week paid and 1 week unpaid infectious disease leave for any resulting illness.
- 5 days’ paid leave per year to attend specialist appointments for matters relating to reproductive health, and all employees will be entitled to 5 days’ paid leave for pregnancy loss per occasion and 2 days’ paid leave for a partner.
- Wage increases for Swansea:
- First year 1.5% applied from the FFPP after a majority yes vote. This is on top of the 77 cent increase already paid on 1 July 2022.
- Second year 2% or award increase, whichever is greater.
- Wage increases for Scottsdale:
- First year between 2.41% and 3.96%.
- 2.93% and 4.54% in the second year. This will align wages at Scottsdale and Swansea.
We’ll be meeting with May Shaw every two weeks and will keep you updated.