Voting on your Lifeline EBA finished recently, and the new agreement was voted up.
Out of 91 eligible voters, 40 voted and all voted in favour of the agreement.
Your employer will send your new agreement to the Fair Work Commission for approval to make sure that it complies with the award and all employees covered by this agreement are better off overall.
Once approved by Fair Work, the EBA will take effect 7 days later and will remain in place for the next 3 years.
Here are a few of the improved entitlements by the new agreement:
- TOIL for full & part-time employees (previously only applicable to full-time employees).
- 10 days paid Domestic Violence Leave.
- Christmas and New Year closedown period will now be classed as non-working paid days.
- Employer will pay for Working With Vulnerable People registration & renewal, including ongoing costs related to the renewal.
- Full-time and permanent part-time employees are now entitled to an additional 2 paid personal leave days a year without having to provide a certificate (see Clause 24, Mental Health Day). This extra personal leave doesn’t accrue so it’s expected that you take it for your own wellbeing.
If you have any questions about your agreement, please contact us.