Li-Ve are putting the draft of the new staff agreement out for voting and members can access a copy 6 May and voting will happen between 14-18 May.
Here are the key things we were able to make improvements on:
- Management once again have offered a guaranteed 1.3% above the award rate
- Family violence leave increased from 5 to 10 days
- Changes in the status quo wording
- Leave requests will be replied to within 21 days
- ‘Significant other’ added to compassionate leave definitions
- Introduction of new clauses around telephone duty, motor vehicle allowance, travel and uniforms
- Bedding and mattress used for sleepovers to be replaced on a fair wear-and-tear basis
There are three negative points:
- Change to the part-time clause that means employees who choose the ‘availability’ option may no longer have certainty and protection regarding the days of the week they work and their daily start and finish times. Li-Ve may make unilateral changes without agreement
- The whole roster will no longer be displayed and/or changed with 4 weeks’ notice – notice will be reduced to 2 weeks
- Li-Ve have removed the clause compelling them to bargain in the future
If you have any questions, please contact us.