After a bit of back and forth with Cater Care and Baptcare over the past weeks about the kitchen, we wanted to let you know some important updates:
- Firstly, the RN/in-charge nurse hasn’t previously had access to the freezer or cook room overnight. This affected the palliative care patients in particular. After we raised it the issue has now been fixed.
- A new system will be put in place to reflect the additional time in timesheets.
- There’s been an undertaking to correct previous pay discrepancies.
- New training has been introduced.
- Staffing levels have been reviewed and addressed.
And there’s a lot more!
Read the full letter here.
You did great work by standing together and making sure these issues are raised and addressed! It shows what you can achieve when we're all singing from the same song sheet.