Posted on
May 12, 2021
Social Community and Disability Sector

Shifts and printing answers

We’ve had members ask the questions, so here’s some clarification on the minimum length of shift engagement and printing paperwork at home.

The minimum length of a standalone shift is 1 hour if you work under the Family Based Care Agreement or Social Community Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award.

If you’re getting shorter shift engagements, you’re getting ripped off so please let us know.

If your employer wants you to have printed paperwork you shouldn’t be expected to buy a printer, ink and paper and claim those costs back at tax time.

Ask your team leader to provide it, it’s their responsibility!

For more information about this or any other industrial matter, members should contact HACSUassist on 1300 880 032 or email or complete our online contact form

Social Community and Disability Sector