We know that industrial action could have been avoided if the government had come to the table to discuss what they owe to radiation therapists and fix the issues with your situation – but they haven’t set up a meeting, or even so much as written back to us. The disrespect is galling.
This means that as of 12 noon tomorrow (Tuesday 14 February), the following action commences:
1. A ban on processing patient bills or accounts
2. Union members will work strictly to rule
3. Union members will take part in stop work action across the state
4. Chalk writing will commence in the north and south and continue for members in the north west
5. Union members will keep wearing and distributing campaign materials
We have made it clear to the government that we are ready, willing and able to attend a meeting as soon as possible if they do want to work through the issues around the fact that you have now gone almost 6 weeks without a registered agreement in place when other AHPs have one, and that they must pay you the wage increase and payments you are owed.
We will also be joining other AHPs in stop work rallies over next two weeks. Your delegates and HACSU organiser will be talking to you over the coming days, and we are also arranging media activities to expose how the government is treating you.
Remember, the government can choose to stop this at any time by ensuring you get what you are entitled to.
If you have any further questions or would like more information, make sure you have a chat with your delegate or call HACSUassist on 1300 880 032.