The Hobart Clinic's new staff agreement has been passed by the Fair Work Commission with ‘undertakings’ - changes made because the commission didn’t agree employees would be better off than under the award. We’d raised some of these at the bargaining table and pointed out problems during the approval phase.
Here are those changes:
- The definition of Day Worker at Clause 7 of the agreement is replaced by: Day Worker means an employee whose weekly ordinary hours of work are performed between the period 6am and 6pm and on the days Monday to Friday inclusive.
- Clause 11(c) (ii) is replaced by: Casual employees shall be provided with the minimum of three (3) continuous hours work or, alternatively, paid for a minimum of three (3) hours on each occasion they are required to attend work.
- Clause 25 (a)(iv) is replaced by: A shift worker, as defined in clause 7 above, is entitled to an additional week’s annual leave.
- Hourly rates of pay for a level 11 year 3 employee in Schedule A are increased by 3%.
- Casual employees who work a shift are working a roster, therefore will receive the shift penalties that apply in addition to the casual loading.
- An employee of any grade who performs work between 6pm and 7pm Monday to Friday will be paid at a rate that is better off overall than the rate for that engagement that would be payable under the Health Professionals & Support Services Award 2020
The new agreement provides for annual pay increases of 2.35% after 1 October 2020 and 1 October 2021, which means we’re back to negotiate again in the first quarter of 2022. For any further enquiries please contact HACSUassist on 1300 880 032.