The protected industrial action ballot results have been released and the ballot has been successful. You can commence industrial action next week!
The majority of members voted, and they overwhelmingly voted yes to each question. This is a clear message to Healthscope that you’ll keep fighting for a fair deal for all.
Congratulations to everyone who took part in the vote for this important outcome!
We’ve written off to your management and advised that protected industrial action will start at Healthscope hospitals from 7am on Wednesday 7 December.
We’re starting with five low-level bans that HACSU members at Healthscope can take part in from 7 December:
• Stop performing any duties not stated in your position description
• Take all breaks in full and on time
• Distribute information and/or talking to patients, visitors, the public and/or the media about the reasons for industrial action
• Commence wearing campaign material and badges
• Circulate petitions in worksites
The purpose of industrial action is to urge Healthscope to take your concerns seriously and for them to put forward a genuine offer with a decent wage increase.
If any of your colleagues are not yet HACSU members, now is their chance to join the union for health care workers and fight for a fair deal for everyone.