We met with Healthscope today and here's what they put on the table.
We immediately gave them the feedback shown in italics, but we’re a member-driven union so we want to hear, and will be guided by, your thoughts on the offer.
- Classification structure expanded to include AINs - We welcome AINs, but obviously not in place of direct nursing hours, there needs to be transparency about establishment and what happens when acuity of patients is above expected norms.
- Reconvene the Workload Consultative Committee to meet as required 4 times a year - The committee must achieve things, not just simply be an agitation denial process.
- Rosters published 14 days in advance. Examine rostering practices that affect employee’s ability to take breaks and train managers how to roster to ensure this happens - We welcome roster improvements including the ability to better accommodate requests. They need effective break management practices, particularly focusing on theatre and ward where, culturally, breaks aren’t taken.
- Ability for casuals to convert to permanent employment.
- Part time employment provision expanded so employees can be engaged on different contracted part time hours during school holiday periods - The part time contractual arrangements may work, but the devil will be in the detail.
- Wage increases of 1.5% from 1 Jan 2021, 1.5%, from 1 Jan 2022, backpay from 1 Jan 2021 with increased rates to apply to all allowances - The wage offer is insufficient, the superannuation changes either need to be entrenched in the EBA as defined increases or as increased pay if the law does change.