Car horns were echoing through the streets yesterday in support of the actions that you’re taking. Congratulations to everyone who turned up and took part in the stop work action to show Healthscope that you’re not going away and that they need to make you a fair wage offer – one that won’t see your wages fall drastically behind the cost of living!
We’ll be putting the final phase of bans in place next week. Beginning from 7am on Thursday 29 December you will be able to take part in bans on:
• Billing patients or receiving payments
• Catering for management functions
• Handling laundry and sheets
• Wearing uniforms
• Performing overtime
This is all on top of the other bans and actions that are already in place and active:
• Not vacuuming foyer areas and management offices
• Not catering for doctors’ and surgeons’ lunches
• Not completing theatre setups
• Not performing any duties not stated in your position description
• Taking all breaks in full and on time
• Wearing campaign material and badges
• Circulating petitions in worksites
• Distributing information and/or talking to patients, visitors, the public and/or the media about the reasons for industrial action
Let us know if you would like to get involved more or need flyers, stickers or any other campaign material – we will organise for some to be dropped off for you.
If any of your colleagues are not yet HACSU members, now is their chance to join the union for health care workers and fight for a fair deal for everyone.