Healthscope extended an olive branch yesterday afternoon, and we met with their negotiators trying to work through the key issues.
We have raised your key concerns again:
- Unacceptable workloads primarily caused by insufficient base rostering of staff
- Increased casualisation of the workforce
We’ve demanded that they fix these issues by:
- Introducing an effective way to raise and resolve workload concerns
- Making sure nurses have access to supernumerary training and educators
- Appropriate precepting of grad nurses
- Having the right mix of staff to make sure that the right skills are available when required
Healthscope have asked us to consider lifting some of our protected industrial action, particularly the ban on working overtime.