The ballot for the Public Sector agreement finished this afternoon.
HACSU members have overwhelmingly supported the offer with 90% of members voting in favour of the deal.
The main features of the agreement are:
• Increases to base rates of pay + 9.5% + cost of living payments for lower earning workers
• Improved provisions for the days between Christmas and New Year
• Increased night shift loading
• A review of HSO classifications
• Improvements to parental leave and leave for grandparents with primary care responsibilities for children
• Superannuation contributions to be extended to all unpaid parental leave and extended personal leave without pay over four weeks
Yet again, union members standing up and taking action has forced the government to listen. There is no doubt that the government moved because we stuck together and told them: “It’s time for better.”
If you work in the public sector we’ll update you again early next week to let you know what will happen next in the process, when you can expect your pay rise and how any Award amendments will occur.
If you’ve got any questions in the meantime, please contact HACSUassist on 1300 880 032.