• Issue with the camera in a resident’s room, and the resident’s wife giving orders to staff while they’re in the room
• A reduction in care staff at Glenara Lakes
• Why staff who used to give ACFI massages are no longer doing this
Since we sent the letter asking about these issues, we've been told about several more.
• The additional staff member put onto help out on the 7-11 has been removed, after they were brought on to help with the workload in the morning due to the overhead hoist being condemned for use.
• ECAs being expected to do the massages adding to their already large workload, along with cooking breakfasts for the residents.
• Finally, we heard that Glenara has been short staffed for multiple days, and on Wednesday was short 2 ECAs and 1 EN – on top of cuts staff hours and not replacing staff when they’re sick - it’s disgraceful that Glenara could allow this to happen and expect the same amount of work to be completed in normal hours.
There is no way any of this would pass the pub test.
With the additional workload due to COVID-19 related issues, one would think there should be an increase in staffing levels.
We’ll let members know when we get a response from management.