Devonfield news

Posted on
October 5, 2020
Social Community and Disability Sector

Use your own car or call a cab?

There's been some confusion about when workers can use their own cars since CEO Tanya advised that clients will now sometimes have to use a taxi, public transport or book a Devonfield vehicle.

We spoke to Tanya to let her know about this uncertainty regarding when and if, and under what circumstances, they should be asking clients to call taxis. We also explained concerns that it would cost clients too much money to constantly use taxis and public transport.

Tanya said workers would still be able to use their personal vehicles for outings if the outing was part of the client’s authorised plan. If it isn’t part of the client’s plan workers need to ask the client to take a taxi, use public transport or book one of the Devonfield vehicles.

We suggested Tanya might put out an email to everyone clearly explaining when personal vehicles can be used, and when it’s a requirement to use a taxi, so there’s no uncertainty about what to do - as not all workers have access to their clients’ authorised care plans.

She agreed she’d send out an explanatory email, so keep an eye out for that – hopefully it addresses everyone’s questions - if it doesn’t, have a chat to her and ask her to clarify any questions.

If members are still uncertain after chatting to Tanya, then give HACSUassist a call on 1300 880 032.

For more information about this or any other industrial matter, members should contact HACSUassist on 1300 880 032 or email or complete our online contact form

Social Community and Disability Sector