Anglicare’s CEO Chris Jones told us in a meeting today that they are going to downsize the corporate services team.
Here’s what we know so far:
• Anglicare will be talking to the affected staff about this change and Chris has confirmed he will continue to consult with HACSU.
• We asked Chris if the reduction in staff includes senior management, like himself. He said that they’re looking at the corporate services team as a whole.
• For part-time employees with a pattern of hours, if Anglicare want to change your hours or days, they must consult with you first and get you to agree to those changes by signing a written agreement.
• Chris confirmed that workers who express interest in reducing their hours will still be eligible for a partial redundancy, but Anglicare will need to look at the skills of the worker to make sure they do not lose valuable staff.
• Anglicare will follow your workplace agreement and offer redeployment to affected employees where available. If there is no redeployment opportunity, Anglicare will offer partial/full redundancies.
• Before offering voluntary redundancies, Anglicare will be looking at staff skill sets to ensure they retain staff with the experience needed to move forward without the need to recruit new staff to fill positions left empty.
We know changes like this can be stressful and frustrating – we’ll be here to support you throughout the process and advocate for a fair outcome for all HACSU members. If you know any of your colleagues who might be impacted, encourage them to join HACSU.
We’ll keep you posted on any updates as they come in.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us through HACSUassist on 1300 880 032 or firstname.lastname@example.org